Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A Gothic Styled Chair Finds A New Home

I purchased this unique chair for a mere $12.00 from the local antique dealer during a sidewalk sale. What can I say, it "spoke to me" (hmmm, isn't that a Pier 1 phrase?)

A Great, Frugal Find


I loved it's overall utilitarian styling, chunky stance, aged wood, old leather seat and back and of course the giant tack hardware. For a guy who's a little "gaga-for-gothic", this chair won me over upon first glance. And who could turn down a deal like that? I've spent more on Happy Meals. This indeed made me happier than any McDonald's meal could!


Lots of Character


Cool Details

I wanted to retain its weathered and tattered appearance so merely applied my new, favorite product, butcher block conditioner, as noted in my reclaimed folding chairs post.


After a little TLC with the conditioner

I elected to use the product on the leather as well since the natural waxes seemed more beneficial for the aged-leather than typical, petroleum-based conditioners.


The perfect companion for my vintage, cedar chest

Do you like this style? Are you "Gaga for Gothic" or "Crazy for Chairs" (like my sister)?


Sharing this at:
Beyond The Picket Fence

The Shabby Creek Cottage - Transformation Thursday

1 comment:

  1. It must be a family thing! Great gothic chair/look. Love the worn, weathered leather if it could only speak..looks like one of a pair that would have flanked an alter or pulpit. Thanks for the view :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...