Saturday, November 12, 2011

Amber Bottle Decor

I stopped by the Red Lion Antique Center yesterday and happened upon two, nice-sized,  vintage glass bottles. I love old bottles, especially those in amber so had to snag them at the very reasonable $2.00 a piece. I found something else cool which I will be sharing next week (hopefully) in a project I'm planning to do..



These bottles have very narrow openings but I often like adding old, wine corks to found bottles for a more finished look. I cut a cork in half and then cut a base section on each to fit the circumference of the bottle's opening.



Use small-tipped cutting pliers to carefully snip mini "pie-wedge" cuts around the corks edge.


Snip your cuts from the top

Snip your cuts from the side

Remove the wedges

Size the narrower base to fit into the bottle opening.


Custom Corks

Tied With Jute

The full coffee table display at present

Since I'm a "jute-junkie", I wound a long string of jute twine around the bottles to tie them together and add an additional, organic element to the mix. I'm enjoying my $4.00 display. (I had the jute, the cork and the smaller bottle which I found in the woods)



Sharing this idea at:
Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

1 comment:

  1. What a LOVLEY Job :)
    and do not miss,,,

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    It´s FUN :)
    WELCOME :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...