Friday, December 9, 2011

Simple Yet Elegant Wire & Gem Ornaments

I decided to go a bit minimal on both the Holiday tree and its decor this year.  I often will reuse ornaments from years prior and "mix it up a bit" by combining a few new colors or elements to keep it fresh and interesting.  I had bought a set of mini ball-ornaments with pearl, opaque and iridescent finishes for a small pencil tree I placed in a hallway about 10 years ago.  Sheesh . . . ten years ago?  I guess enough time has passed to reuse them without feeling I was looking at the same ole tree.

I also had small, silver ball-ornaments as well and decided to mix a few of those in.  I already decorated the room with pieces of cut crystal.  I enjoy the elegant and refined look such pieces produce during the holidays.  Not to mention, these pieces were all bought second-hand at local thrift stores for great bargains.

I have been keeping my eye on antique and vintage chandelier prisms at Ebay but they always seem to go too high this time of year.  (note to self . . . "Look for crystal chandelier prisms when it's 100 degrees outside")  I know these pieces would be the perfect accompaniment to the holiday decor in this room, producing more sparkle, shimmer and icy elegance. (O.K. I may do this "crystal thing" again next year as I like it so much!)

In the meantime, I decided to create some ornaments to add a bit more interest and glimmer to the tree.  I utilized items I had around the house and created these in less than hour.  Wire, Gems and a Glue Gun is all it took!









What do you think?  Click the link provided above to read about the process I used to make these simple ornaments.


Sharing this at:
The Shabby Nest
Finding Fabulous
Fingerprints on the Fridge
Tip Junkie- Tip Me Tuesday
Funky Junk Interiors - Saturday Nite Special

4 comments:

  1. I love your ornaments. So creative and beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog. I love your frugal ideas. New follower. Looking forward to future visits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rosemary@villabarnes

    Glad to "Welcome You" Rosemary! I've been an admirer of your style ever since I happened upon Villabarnes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful & creative..nice job. Looking forward to more updated info from your sites. It's all so very festive..thanks Frugal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like these ornaments...sort of a modern style, but still have a tradition look/color to them. Very pretty

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...