Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Applesauce & Cinnamon Ornaments Smell So Good!

Over the weekend I decided to try my hand at some Applesauce Ornaments. I remember my aunt making these when I was younger and attaching them to the ribbons and bows of our presents. The dough is simply equal parts of applesauce to cinnamon. Roll it out, cut with cookie cutters, dry and hang. A great little activity for the family.

Applesauce star ornaments hung as an accent on this indoor display.

They smell so good. However, they don't taste so good. I did try a nibble of the dough and the cinnamon is very overpowering (obviously). Can you blame me? They look like cookies!




Anyway, my little ornament tree which usually displays wooden ornaments from my childhood is being used to display the completed "cinna-ornaments" as I've been calling them. I really like how they look on this tree, not to mention the great fragrance this little display gives off.

Some music note ornaments hung on the "Charlie Brown" tree . . . a sapling I rescued.

I'd say give em a try if you never have before. Here are the steps I used to make these easy applesauce ornaments.


Sharing this at:
Making The World Cuter
Hope Studios - Tutorial Tuesdays!
Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday

3 comments:

  1. Wow, nice applesauce ornaments..really like the little decorated metel tree, just perfect with those tiny decorations. The green swag looks very nice too. What a great Xmas project for Children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so going to my kitchen RIGHT now to make those! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    And, thanks for stopping by my site and leaving me a sweet comment. I love your blog! I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily @ 52 Mantels

    Enjoy and thanks for following. I'm your newest follower now too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...