Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Greeting Cards As Simple Decor

I've received a few holiday cards that perfectly fit the design aesthetic used this season throughout the home.  So, why not incorporate them more?  I know framing cards is nothing new but seeing as I have never done it before, I figured I would share how nicely they can become a decorative piece . . . a frugal decorative piece.

Whenever I see unique frames for cheap at thrift stores, yard sales, etc, I snatch them up.  They come in handy for spur-of-the-moment projects such as this.  If you need one in a jiffy, head to DollarTree.  You can easily modify one of their frames with spray-paint or other accessories to make it better suit your theme.

A holiday card speaks to the color story used in this room.
Added to an equally appropriate frame, it becomes a frugal decorative element.

I have a few more "perfect cards" that I can use in other rooms, so guess I'll be digging out some of my back-up frames for use or modification today.

3 comments:

  1. You've chosen the perfect frame for the perfect card! And, it looks stunning...

    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. So nice to meet you just found your lovely blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back if you like. Sending you special wishes for a very Merry Christmas Day and look forward to keeping in touch in 2012.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your silver frame & shimmering cut glass is lovely..another successful view & idea, thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...