Wednesday, December 7, 2011

An Icy Holiday Mantel

I love the elegant look of cut-glass and crystal pieces during the holiday season. They almost create an enchanting, icy aura throughout the space. My collection has been slowly growing with collectible pieces I find at thrift shops. I'd have to say this year is by far the best the mantel, table and dining room has ever looked. All the crystal pieces create a spectacular display of simplicity and refinement. The miniature lights from the tree add a twinkling brilliance across the pieces as well.










Crystal glass is combined with fresh cuts of White Pine and Leyland Cypress.  Silver ornaments combined with grapevine spheres are strategically placed throughout the greens.  Clear glass gems, also used to make some custom, homemade ornaments, are tastefully scattered among the mantel as well.

See more of this room at the Christmas Decorating Ideas page.

What unique elements have you placed upon your mantel this year?


Sharing this at:

Southern Hospitality
Home Stories A2Z
House of Hepworths
Fireflies and Jellybeans
Funky Junk Interiors
House of Grace - Twice Owned Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. Great idea for using the cut glass or crystal. It really shows beautifully with the greenery. The tips for frugal Christmas decorating on your design page are so good. I love using natural materials in decorating. I'm visiting from Southern Hospitality.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY! It's so beautiful! you've done an amazing job. The glass and silver ornaments give such an amazing sparkle that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, what a festive view. Also liked your very easy instructions & great idea for Xmas decorations, on your Frugal Interior design site. Curling, twisted wire, with cabachon type beads, amazing!

    Thanks again frugal, love following your updated pages and ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Babs

    Thanks for visiting Babs. Stop by again anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @NonnaG

    Thanks for being such a faithful follower and supporter NonnaG! It keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Greetings, John!

    I just adore your mantle! Incorporating items that you may already have is just first rate, and when it results in a look this gorgeous it's a big WIN! Love the sparkle and shine of it all.

    This is my first visit and I thoroughly enjoyed my time here today.

    Happy Christmas,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...