Friday, August 19, 2011

Black-eyed Susans

My black-eyed susans (rudbeckia) are doing extremely well this year.  I remember having issues getting them to take off initially.  In fact, I had some totally die, never to return.  I guess they are liking this location as this is the 3rd year in this spot and they are doing very well (and getting better each year as they should).  I even got a few babies off of them which I've transplanted while staying in the same area to retain the soil type and amount of daylight these seem to favor.  Now, if I could only get my purple coneflower to do the same!

Black-eyed Susans add late Summer color to the property. 





1 comment:

  1. The susan's are striking in color, i love all the background greens and decoration. So eye appealing..beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...