Saturday, October 15, 2011

Autumn In The Air!

Well, I woke up to a glorious day of sunlight dancing across the tree tops. A light breeze has random leaves falling and a cool, brisk morning of fresh air upon the face says Fall Is Here!

I decided to take a few, outdoor pictures to commemorate my favorite season of the year. I'm sure these will be the first of many to come. I love seeing the drastic changes from day to day and week to week during this time of year.

Upon walking outdoors, the fresh, welcomed, pungent smell of Witch Hazel blooms caught my nose. I'm lucky enough to have one growing near my entryway and always anticipate its odd aroma during the cooler months of the year. Its unique pom-pom blooms in yellow-green jump out as sharply as its fragrance. It is perhaps one of my favorite shrubs (more like a tree for me as it towers about 14-16 feet high).  I can look forward to its odd blooms again in late Winter as well; bright yellow against the white snow, except at that time, there will be bare, brown branches making the blooms more pronounced..

The intense, welcoming fragrance of Witch Hazel as Autumn sets in.

Leaves, leaves, leaves.  Yes, there will be a plethora of them in no time.  For now, they sure look pretty gathering along the edges of the walkways bordering the property.

Simple Beauty In Nature.



Late season Impatiens provide bright color as fallen leaves become the "new neighbors".

I hope you too have some welcomed signs of the season that you enjoy.  Tell us what you enjoy most during this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful autumn views & yes it is a special time of the year. Thanks for the ideas. Love your Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...