Saturday, January 28, 2012

"Musical Tables"?

Did you know that one piece of furniture can change the whole attitude and look of a room? Forget about expensive renovations and remodels. Just give it a try if one of your rooms is feeling dull and bland. Add one new element and see what happens. It just may be the quick fix you've been needing.  Such as in this office -

From IKEA sad


TO

 Rustic-RAD!  (yes, I'm coining this new design style phrase)





Now don't get me wrong. I love me some IKEA. Where else can you furnish numerous rooms with a $500.00 budget? (and I mean that in a good way.  Good products, good value!)  It is a young homeowner's dream. I was there . . .  new home, tight funds, "HELLO IKEA!" However, that look has been with me for about 12 years now. Ya think it was time for a change?

But never fret, those "once" side tables, turned coffeetable have once again "turned" . . .

. . . into a stackable storage shelf.



Yep, I kept them in the office and stuffed them into an odd nook that was somewhat troublesome to deal with. A few black storage crates tuck beneath each. Is this considered "Repurposing"?  :-)

Stay-tuned for more details about the black "crate-esque" coffeetable that turned drab to fab!



Sharing this at:
Nifty Thrifty Things - Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Be Different, Act Normal - Show and Tell Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Oh I so LOVED this post!! Your "rustic rad" room is awesome (and wow, that one new item really did tranform the look!). Also loved how you stacked the endtables!!!! Ingenius. Love having a guy perspective in the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kammy. Thanks for stopping by again. Your comments always make me chuckle! Yep it's difficult "competing" with all the ladies but I'm glad a few are enjoying my "guy perspective" on things. :-)

      Delete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...