Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wine Bottle Pendant Light How To

I finally got around to making my wine bottle pendant light.  I saw these become popular a few years ago, back when I started the frugal-interior-design website.  A vendor called ROOST had some incredible lighting that I salivated for.  I was drawn to the classic simplicity of the lighting - meshing new with old - inspiring a nod toward both modern and rustic.

Roost Pendants - recycled wine bottles.  By the way, how cool is that wood-strip wall?
It has given me a few ideas for walls in my home!
I never forgot about the above image.  And of course, I've seen other interpretations of the same principle and have my own.  

I began cutting wine bottles about a year ago and have been using them for various projects (upcycling and repurposing them in cool ways.)  See my previous posts on:




Finally. I got my hands on a large clear-glass wine bottle and was successful at cutting the bottom off with a smooth, straight, clean break 

The bottle sat like that for about another year.  Finally, with some free-time and motivation, I set to task - time to create a light!


The original frosted-glass shade was nice and worked fine with the room,
but I sure love the new sleek and simple look of the clear wine bottle!

A spiral filament vintage bulb was of course used for that extra coolness factor!


A clear glass wine bottle theme perhaps?
If you have a similar tube-like armature light pendant or even one with a simple wire (with/without the chain), you'll be able to recreate this pendant light.  The only other thing you will need is a cut wine bottle and snazzy light bulb (I recommend vintage Edison bulbs).  Each application may be a bit different, but if you read how I secured my bottle to keep it straight, you'll be able to come up with ideas that will work for yours.

To read about how to make a wine bottle pendant light
please visit my page entitled Wine Bottle Light.

  

1 comment:

  1. Super cool! I've yet to try my hand at making my own light but I sure want to! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...