Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Day at Tollbooth Antique Market

I finally decided to venture over to Columbia, PA to check out the Tollbooth Antique Market.  Numerous folks have told me how great it was and that has gotten better organized.  I was told it had two levels and was inside an old warehouse - (enticing combination) - I envisioned "miles" of vintage finds before my eyes . . . I wasn't disappointed.

 What Did I See?

These could definitely fit among the "objects" of  the Restoration Hardware catalog. 
I'd prop them both in a corner similarly to how they were placed here.
I forget exactly what these were called on the ticket - perhaps factory pulleys of some sort.
I think I need both of them!

Lots of old shutters (solid, paneled, louvered) - what I could do with some of these items!


Stained glass windows . . . I favored this arched one.
The chippy green chair would be great somewhere on my property too!


I love plain ole paneled windows like these.  I've seen them repurposed in so many clever ways.
I'd hang this one with eye-hooks and chain in front of a large picture window.
See these Repurposed Old Window Ideas 

I loved this old door.  It was some odd creamy/light green color with the old plate hardware (minus  knob).
Perfect as a table, hung as art, or hinged to other similar doors to create an indoor or outdoor divider.
(I know folks who would grab that little desk too!)


I LOVE these old pallet carts.  They are quite popular as industrial coffeetables.
I think I'd still consider one as such after seeing this one up close!


COLUMNS ANYONE?
Imagine using these to define a dining area within your home.  Or, even using them outside in so many ways - topped with spilling/trailing plants or placed in four corners of a patio as the base for a pergola.

This old bench/pew was super high off the ground.  I loved its "grand stature."  I'd replace my formal living room sofa (since nobody sits on it) with this.  Just add a few cotton and burlap pillows for a relaxed, casual, shabby look!

I could easily spend a thousand bucks in this place!!!  
(the prices were not bad at all - some were crazy reasonable!)
I was somewhat salivating at all that lay before my eyes!


A neat cubby-shelf.  I know many of you like these things.
Not sure how I'd use it in my current home but thought it was very cool!

I LOVE ME SOME VINTAGE BOTTLES! These big ole glass carboys were reasonably priced.
I purchased a smaller amber bottle which I'll post about later.

Lots and lots of old soda crates.  I know many of you enjoy repurposing these as well!

I went back to this trunk at least 4 times but left without it cuz I'm simply running out of room.  So sad!
This old military wooden trunk was in a flat, faded gray color and had block-stamped identification of  its previous owner.  I envisioned it on tall legs to create a bar height kitchen table or even on short legs to use as a coffeetable.  It had a nice, low-profile height . . . oh, and old leather strap handles!!!  Hmmm, if it's there next time . . . 

Another great ole low-profile trunk and lots of vintage graniteware strewn throughout the place.

Great color and character!

Columbia, PA right off the old Rt. 462 bridge from Wrightsville.
I had a great time and browsed for a good 2 hours or more (I could spend a day in there).  They have a little cafe area with homemade baked good and beverages too.  The people were very friendly and I'd definitely recommend the place.  There were lots of smaller vintage items too but if you know me, you know I'm drawn to certain industrial/rustic elements (glass bottles, rusty hardware and tools, old doors and windows, etc) and I found lots of them here . . .more than I've ever found at any single place in this area.  

I've seen other blogger friends discussing antique markets in their areas and I've always been envious.  Now, I finally have a local place of "my own." Check it out if you're in the area!  

3 comments:

  1. Wow, and what a place it is! I would have spent at least 2 hours there, too. It reminds me of a neat architectural salvage place I found in Des Moines, once. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those 2 hours flew by like nothing! :-) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. wow what a wonderful place - only 2 hours??!!

    ♥ http://www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love! I always enjoy your feedback and read each and every message!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...